Monday, April 18, 2016

Week 13 Reading Diary: Brothers Grimm LibriVox

This week I chose to read the Brothers Grimm LibriVox version because it had a lot of cool stories in it and some of my favorites. However, I don't have much time this week so I will just be giving a general summary of thoughts for each half of the reading assignment.

The Frog Prince, Rapunzel, Briar Rose, and a few other unique tales are included in the first half of the reading. Each of these seems to focus mainly on a specific moral. There is also a large amount of enchantments, fairy tale creatures, and kismet involved in each story. I particularly liked one of the unique stories: Clever Elsie. This story is focused on a girl that has no common sense. She instead focuses on unlikely events to occur well off in the future and chooses the most 'efficient' path. I think that this story reminded me that I don't have to worry about every little detail going wrong in the future, but rather focus on the present.

Clever Elsie from Crisp

No comments:

Post a Comment